Hi all. This is a very special invitation from Ray Simpson about an online course he has written. This is a great tool for discipleship and application. I encourage you to consider it. I will be enrolling and look forward to what this journey has to offer. The way-marks are like sign posts along the way, guiding us to a deeper level of contemplation and transformation. The course grows out of a life-time exploring a Way of Life that could guide us through a new Dark Age.
Ray Simpson is the Founding Guardian, The international Community of Aidan and Hilda www.aidanandhilda.org
The world is at a cross ways. So is Christianity. The first Christians were called Followers of the Way. Where’s it going in our time?
An On-line Pilgrimage for Life
for millennials to veterans from every land
This is not a journey about class, race, religious, money and power wars, the roads to untruth, fear, break-up – to nowhere.
This is a road TO A WAY OF LIFE for individuals, communities, the world.
The first Christians were called Followers of the Way.
This way is green, but will take us through dark valleys and heights of vision. This authentic way in a post-truth world leads us to edges and common ground, to Ground Zero and deep listening. It leads towards a divine cosmic love affair. Don’t miss it.
This is part of a mass movement of people who care for earth, community and people.
Go to www.waymarksoflife.com
This course will unfold insights, excite us to live in a whole new way, and help us to shape a whole new world. It suggests small, gentle, even playful first steps along the way, but does not shirk the hard things we shall sooner or later meet in life and in ourselves. Later, as the journey moves out of the sunny paths a soul friend or mentor may prove to be a vital support. .
It is open to all without obligation.
There are three ways to gain the benefits of emails from waymarksoflife:
Option One. Use the emails as an aid for personal growth only.
Option Two. Use the emails as an aid for personal growth but engage a friend or mentor as a support to discovery or growth.
Option Three. Use Option One or Two and join the Waymarksoflife Facebook page where you can read of the journeys of others or discuss with others your journey. This is a closed group and only open to those who enrol.
This self-guided course is written by Ray Simpson, Founding Guardian of the dispersed international Community of Aidan and Hilda. Sales of his books on Christian spirituality are approaching their first quarter million. See www.raysimpson.org
You may enrol free of charge and cancel at any time. It costs us money, so we invite donations.
TO ENROL and get more information Go to www.waymarksoflife.com
Seven days of emails are followed by resources and spiritual formation exercises to be tried out for a week. These emails will be sent for several years. They (with their follow-up material) may be returned to throughout life. An email is sent each day for seven days, then seven days for reflection, then the cycle starts again. The course is self-guided, but students may add insights and resources to our Facebook page (private – only open to subscribers at waymarksoflife) .
There are millions of churches, thousands of church-based courses and hundreds of missional networks. Followers of the Way may be engaged with any of these. Although this course is designed for individuals it highlights some core principles and practices that churches can also adopt if they wish to be servants of The Way. It also identifies some things that distance churches from the people and it suggests ways of transforming these. We hope churches and networks will commend these emails to members.
Subjects for each two-week unit for the first three years
- The World at a Cross Ways
- World voices: can we travel this Way?
- Questions at the gate
- Is this a new monastic Way?
- A Way of Life: What, why, where, but and how?
- Introduction to a Way of Life
- A Way of Simplicity
- A Way of Purity
- A Way of Obedience
- The Fruit of the Three Life-giving Principles
- Waymark 1 The wisdom of life-long learning
- Waymark 1 Life-long learning from Scripture
- Waymark 1 Ways of reading Scripture
- Waymark 1 Life-long learning from inspired people
- Waymark 1 Life-long learning from life
- Waymark 1 Life-long learning through creative arts
- Waymark 2 Journey
- Waymark 2 Journey with a soul friend (1)
- Waymark 2 Journey with a soul friend (2)
- Waymark 2 Journey with retreats
- Waymark 2 Journey with pilgrimage
- Waymark 2 Journey through the seasons of life
- Waymark 3 Rhythm
- Waymark 3 Rhythm of Daily Prayer
- Waymark 3 Rhythm of seasons
- Waymark 3 Rhythm of Work
- Waymark 3 Rhythm of Re-Creation
- Waymark 3 All ways of praying
- Waymark 3 More ways of praying
- Waymark 4 Praying for God’s will in God’s world
- Waymark 4 Overcome evil with good
- Waymark 4 Interceders
- Waymark 5 Simple Life-style
- Waymark 5 Hospitality
- Waymark 6 Creation – God’s sacrament
- Waymark 6 Creation – its groans
- Waymark 6 Creation care
- Waymark 7 Healing
- Waymark 7 Healing inner wounds
- Waymark 7 Healing wounded communities
- Waymark 7 The trail of the true human being
- Waymark 7 Live life to the full
- Waymark 8 Open to God’s Spirit
- Waymark 8 Learn to Listen
- Waymark 8 Prophecy
- Weaving together the God-given strands
- Church questions
- Waymark 9 Villages of God
- Waymark 9 Conflict resolution
- Waymark 9 Building Community
- Waymark 9 The Good Society
52 Waymark 10 Share Jesus and justice – the big picture.
- Waymark 10 Authentic witness
- Waymark 10 Indigenous and Cross-cultural Mission
- Waymark 10 Stand with the poor
- Waymark 10 Stand for truth
- Waymark 10 Signs and wonders
- Waymark 10 God-led lands
- Waymark 10 Economy means Oikonomia
- Waymark 10 A civilisation of love
- Waymark 10 The glorious Trinity
- Waymark 10 Leadership
- Flame and Struggle – Aidan
- Flame and Struggle – Hilda
- Twelve Celtic Witnesses
- Ireland’s Twelve Apostles
- More great Celtic saints
- Stories of Desert Fathers and Mothers
- Monks and moderns: old habits die hard
- Corporate Expressions of the Community
- Explore: Taste and see
- Callings, Commitments and Coracles
- The Long Voyage
- The Celtic Community Cross
- Thin Places
- The Community of Aidan and Hilda – its name, oversight and inner dynamic.
- Reflecting back
- Letters from soul friends
- The joy of spiritual fitness
- Growing old
- Live and die well
- Aidan and Hilda A-Z: their spiritual children today
- My personal sharing
- When the going gets tough
- Your feed-back
- Your questions
- More questions…
If the work here is meaningful to you, you can partner with me in a very real way through Patreon.com.
Patreon allows me to get support for the work that I do on this blog. Patreon allows people to financially pledge to support artists, writers, musicians, and other creative people. Sunday Everyday has been on line since the first of February 2015. Since that time I have been doing this in a volunteer capacity. For the blog to continue I need your support. You may want to give the amount you would spend on a coffee and muffin once a month or you may wish to pledge $50.00 a month or more. Every bit helps.
Please help support my ministry and magnify my voice by pledging.
Thanks for considering.